Wednesday 16 November 2016

NEW Product Spotlight - Marianne Pillow Box

Hi Crafters

Its Caz back again with this Wednesdays NEW Product Spotlight and I hope you enjoyed last weeks look at the Mini Alphabet Punch Boards.

This week I am taking a look at the Marianne Pillow Box set.  I must say I am rather partial to making 3d items, and boxes are my favourite and this time of year I can see  many uses for them.  From decorating the tree, place settings and gift gifting ideas.  These boxes are perfect for small gifts like jewelry, and also a novel way of gift giving someone money or a gift card.

Here is a look at the die set itself, so as well as the wonderful Pillow Box you also get 9 other dies that you can use to decorate your Pillow Boxes or other projects.  The assembled Pillow Box measures from the longest point to longest point 11cm.  If you measure midway (where to box curves inwards) it is 8.5cm.  It is 7.2cm wide and approx 3cm deep on the deepest part.


Decoration ideas are limitless and here are a few that I have made in the last
couple of days.  I will list underneath the items I used to decorate.


First up is this cutie with a Penny Black stamp set called Santas Helpers
Also decorated with a snipped off piece from the Marianne set called Wreath
which I cut from a piece of the Bazzill Gold Glitter Card Kings Crown
This glitter card is gorgeous to use, does not shed and die cuts like a dream.
(comes in 17 colours HERE)
Coloured with watercolour pencils and added Gold Glitter Glue.

How cute would this look on your Christmas Table with a tag with your
guests name on and filled with some delicious Christmas Treat?


Second up for my samples is a Pillow box that I decorated with an
Autumnal theme using some dies from Tonic.
I swiped the Embossed leaves with  Tonic Nuvo  Embellishment Mousse in Indian Gold
and once again I used the Bazzill Gold Glitter Card Kings Crown  for the acorn.


Owls are very popular and I love them!  Here was my simple decorated
Pillow Box made to look like an Owl.  
The wings were created by die cutting just the end parts of the pillow
box and cutting so it just left long pointed ovals.  The whole box was edged with
Distress ink and I used a old striped stamp for the owls tummy.
A scalloped Circle and Plain circle were used to create the eyes and
 some bling added to the centres.


This one was sort of my first "Failed" attempt at an owl. 
 But it turned out very funny, more chicken like and a bit wacky, 
too cute to not share!

  Someone will love him right?

For my "Chicken" I used some other dies from the Pillow Box set to decorate.
The Face and Wings are both cut from the heart that comes with the die set.
The eyelashes are from the flower, his feet are the snipped off ends of the Bow and the bow was what was left over once I cut down the ends for the feet.  How very resourceful of me :)


 My last Pillow Box and on this one I used the heart from the 
Pillow Box Die set to create a Acetate Window.
I then die cut the Marianne Wreath from the  Bazzill Gold Glitter Card Kings Crown
Cut it apart added glue to it and then stuck it down around the edge of the heart.
The Brown, Green and Bird is from the same Wreath set.  
Once again I used the Embellishment Mousse in Indian Gold 
to add some interest to the die cut pieces.


I really enjoyed using this die set, there are so many other things I could have done
if I didn't have to sleep!.  I am looking forward to creating with this for Christmas Time and I 
am planning to make one for the table for each of my family.

There are a few more examples of this Pillow Box that Marianne have used so click HERE to see those.

Until my next post next week!

Happy Crafting
Caz x








No comments: