We would like to congratulate Mrs Marriott as the winner of our Crafts U Love raffle from our Macmillan Coffee Morning. All the proceeds from the raffle have been donated to Macmillan Cancer Support, so thank you everyone that took part.
Tuesday, 30 September 2014
Monday, 29 September 2014
Hi bloggers, it's the start of another week and time to recap on Friday's Create & Take and also post some photos of our Macmillan Coffee Morning which was a great success! There was an abundance of cake on offer on Friday and it was very hard for us Crafts U Love girls to control ourselves as they all looked so yummy! We would like to thank everyone who attended the morning and joined in with the Create & Take or bought a few of the many cakes on offer. The total amount we raised for Macmillan Cancer Support came to an amazing £169.30! Thank you everyone!!
Last week's Create & Take was the last in the series of our 'family affair' birthday theme. The last week was a card for the female birthdays in the family, such as mum, aunt, grnadmother, cousin, sister and so on..... So let's get going with the products you will need and those all important instructions.
A6 Kraft Card Blank
Graphic 45 Botanical Cardstock - Flora
Bazzill Basics Cardstock - Tutu Pink
Bazzill Basics Cardstock - Intense Kiwi
Bazzill Basics Cardstock - Candlelight
Bazzill Basics Cardstock - White Smoothie
Die-Versions Pretty Hat
LR0145 Marianne Creatbales Flower Die Set
CR1201 Marianne Craftables Circle Die Set
Spellbinders Classic Scalloped Circles LG Nestabilities
Penny Black Gratitude Stamp Set
Memento Ink Pad - Tuxedo Black
Papermania 2mm Adhesive Stones - Gold
1. Cut the Flora cardstock 14cm x 10cm and adhere to the base of the card.
2. Die cut the White Smoothie cardstock with the Marianne Circle die and adhere to the left side of the card.
3. Die cut the reverse side of the Flora cardstock with one of the scalloped circles dies and adhere on top of the circle die cut.
4. Cut the Intense Kiwi cardstock 10cm x 3cm. Make a fishtail cut at one end and stamp 'Have a Wonderful Day' from the Penny Black set using Memento Black Ink. Adhere on the card.
5. Die cut the Pretty Hat die from the Tutu Pink cardstock and Flora cardstock. Make sure to save the negative die cut pieces from the Flora cut out.
6. Adhere the Tutu Pink hat to the right side of the card using glossy accents. Fill in the top of the hat with the negative pieces from the Flora hat cut out using glossy accents.
7. Die cut the smallest flower from the Marianne Flower set with the Candlelight cardstock. Adhere to the top of the hat.
8. Finish by adding a gold adhesive gem in the center of the flower.
These new Die-Versions die cuts have a range of beautiful designs that are all perfect for a female birthday, therefore you could easily change that element on the card and keep everything else the same! Check out the new Die-Versions dies here.
Next month's Create & Take's will take on a more autumnal feel as we head into the new season.
Friday, 26 September 2014
Hi bloggers! It's the end of another week and we have a little treat to share with you! New in this week are the Taylored Expressions sack it dies in the form of a reindeer, snowman and penguin.
Caz whipped us up an example of the Snowman sack it which has been decorated beautifully with a marvellous treat to fill the inside.
Now before you rush off to snap up some of these dies, please remember that you will also need the main sack it die which has the die cut for the treat bag itself.
These treat bags are perfect for the festive season as table favours on Christmas Day or a Christmas treat for friends and family!
Monday, 22 September 2014
Hi bloggers, it's the start of a new week and therefore time to recap on Friday's Create & Take. This one is for the sophisticated gentlemen in the family and makes use of a fabulous die from Die-Versions.
So let's get started......
Square Kraft Card Blank
FabScraps Gentlemen's Club Cardstock - Gentlemen's Attire
Graphic 45 Good Ol' Sport Cardstock - Teamwork
Bazzill Basics Cardstock - Tawny Light
Die-Versions Vest Card Die
Woodware Happy Birthday Stamp set
Woodware Baby Button Brads - Boys
Natural Hemp Cord
Memento Ink Pad - Tuxedo Black
1. Cut the Gentlemen's Attire cardstock 13cm x 13cm and adhere to the base of the card.
2. Cut the reverse side of the Gentlemen's Attire cardstock 13cm x 3cm and adhere to the far left of the card.
3. Cut the Teamwork cardstock 13cm x 1cm and adhere next to the previous piece of cardstock, slightly overlapping it.
4. Die cut the Vest Card die from the Tawny Light cardstock and Teamwork cardstock. Make sure to die cut another set of pockets for the vest from the Tawny Light cardstock.
5. Cut along the score lines from the Teamwork cut out and stick inside the Tawny Light vest. Fold along the score lines of the Tawny Light vest.
6. Using the brown pen, draw stitch lines around the vest and pockets. Adhere the pockets to the vest.
7. Stamp 'Happy Birthday' on the inside of the vest with Memento black ink.
8. Pierce two holes on one side of the vest and add some button brads in the colour of your choice.
9. Adhere the vest to the card at a slight angle.
10. Finish by adding some Natural hemp cord around the left side of the card and tying a small bow.
A little tip.....if you want the vest to stay closed when displaying the card, just add a little bit of repositionable glue to the insides so that the vest can open and close.
This Friday will be the last of the 'family affair' birthday cards and is likely to be the most popular with a card for a female birthday. And don't forget that Create and Take is running alongside our Macmillan Coffee Morning, so this week is definitely worth popping along with lots of cake and biscuits up for grabs!
Hope to see you there!
Friday, 19 September 2014
Christmas came early this week at Crafts U Love with Sue M's Vintage Christmas Configuration Book class. This class was fully booked with everyone waiting in anticipation to see what they would be making and taking home with them that day.
Filled with yummy christmas papers from the new FabScraps range and an adorable mini house included, this book is sure to look fabulous on a shelf or centre piece on a table this Christmas.
The front of the book was decorated in a beautiful damask patterned paper (FabScraps Christmas Joy Collection), with a distressed vintage poinsettia (Tim Holtz Tattered Poinsettia) placed in the bottom corner.
A closer look inside the book you can see that Sue added a glass bottle at the top with a 'Christmas Wishes ' label wrapped round, filled with glitter and sparkle. The tiny window below features a stamped image on the inside, made to look as though you are looking out onto a snowy winter night.
This adorable little house (Marianne Christmas Village High Collectables Die & Stamp Set) at the bottom of the box was transformed into a 3D embellishment using a paper gusset in between the two die cut houses. Add a little bit of lace for curtains and some snow edges to enhance the look and feel of the house. This section of the box was finished off with a 'Joy to the World' (Teresa Collins) stamp.
There is so much more you can add to this box to make it your own Christmas piece that you get out year after year to display Christmas ephemera and ornaments or even photos and memories of Christmasses before.
These mini configuration books are available at Crafts U Love as well as many of the embellishments and papers used within the box.
Monday, 15 September 2014
Happy Monday bloggers! It's the beginning of another week and time to review last week's Create & Take with all the products you will need and the instructions to make it. Last Friday's 'Family Affair' birthday card was for the female youngster in the family, so let's delve in....
Square Kraft Card and Envelope
Bazzill Basics Kraft Cardstock
Bazzill Basics White Smoothie Cardstock
Bazzill Basics Sea Salt Cardstock
Bazzill Basics Rain Cardstock
Studio Light Tres Chic SCRAPSL11 Cardstock
Tonic Studios Happy Birthday Pansy Die Set
Tonic Studios Circle Die Set
Maranne Fairy Star Die
Prima 'Love Dream' Stamp Set
Oasis Blue Dew Drops
Crystal Stickles Glitter Glue
Cloud White Versamagic Ink Pad
1. Start by cutting the Bazzill Basics Kraft cardstock 13cm x 13cm. Stamp the corners with the 'Love Dream' Prima stamp using the Cloud White ink pad. Stick to the base of the card.
2. Die cut the Pansy die in White Smoothie cardstock and stick to the centre of the card.
3. Die cut a circle from the Tres Chic cardstock and stick to the centre of the Pansy die cut.
4. Die cut two fairies, one in Rain cardstock and the other in Sea Salt cardstock. Adhere the darker shade on top of the lighter shade slightly to the left so you create a shadow effect. Stick to the centre of the card.
5. Die cut the small Happy Birthday die from the Happy Birthday Pansy die set from White Smoothie cardstock and stick across the centre of the card.
6. Finish by adding some blue dew drops and some Crystal Stickles.
This birthday card is so pretty and feminine and would even be suitable for teenagers as well as younger children. The next two weeks of 'Family affair' Create & Take will focus on the older generations of the family, including mum, dad, aunt, uncle, grandma and grandad so make sure you visit the blog every Monday for your Create & Take update.
Friday, 12 September 2014
Hi bloggers, I hope everyone is looking forward to the weekend and have some creative time planned in at some point.
This week's post is about our Macmillan Coffee Morning that we will be hosting on Friday 26th September. Our Create & Take on a Friday will be running as usual with proceeds from that also being donated to Macmillan. However we will also have lots of cakes and biscuits on sale for you to buy and eat of course!! We welcome any cake donations from yourselves as you can never have too many cakes in our opinion!
For extra information about the World's Biggest Coffee Morning, please click here or watch the advert below.