Happy Monday bloggers! Today we want to share with you our Create & Take from last Friday using some of the Sizzix Craft Asylum dies.
So let's get started......
1. Die cut the bird twice out of the Atlantic cardstock. Die cut the head from Sour Lemon and die cut the wing from Voyage cardstock. Colour the legs and beak of the bird with a dark brown pen. Adhere the head and wing in place and set the bird to one side.
2. Cut a piece of Chicks paper 5" x 5" and layer on one side of an unfolded square card blank. Use a low tack tape to hold the paper in place and using the square shape that comes in the Love Bird die set cut through both the cardstock and one side of the card.
To do you will need to use nice clean cutting plates i.e. minimum scratches!
Only roll the card through the machine as far as it needs to go to cut the square.
3. Stamp sentiment on bottom right corner of Chicks cardstock.
4. Take some thin twine and sandwich the bird either side of the twine and then stick each end of the twine into the card where shown to make sure the front of the bird is on show inside the window. Stick the Chicks paper in place over the card.
5. Cut the heart border from the Voyage paper and the small inside of the heart from Candy Heart cardstock and adhere in place.
6. Cut tag shape and hearts from papers and adhere to the card.
The design of this card allows you to take a simple card layout and make it more impressive by having a window element inside. You could even add cardstock inside the card to add background patterns or colours to the window image.
Craft Asylum dies from Sizzix have some lovely designs and are at a great price that doesn't break the bank!