Good morning bloggers and welcome to September Create & Take's on the blog. As usual every week we will post the Create & Take from the previous Friday to provide you with the products you will need and the instructions to make it.
This September Create & Take is going to be a 'family affair'. We will be making cards for family birthdays, making them versatile enough to be used for sons, daughters, nephews, nieces, mums, dads, aunts, uncles, grandparents etc.
The first 2 weeks will be dedicated to the youngsters in the family, whilst the last 2 weeks will be celebrating the slightly older generations. We will be sure to cover both male and female so you can use them how you wish.
This week is for the male youngster in the family.....
Lawn Fawn Into the Woods Cardstock - Maple
Bazzill Basics Worldwide Cardstock - Chevron Stripe
Bazzill Basics Cardstock - White Smoothie
Bazzill Basics Cardstock - Candlelight
Bazzill Basics Cardstock - Brick
Bazzill Basics Cardstock - Intense Kiwi
White Card Blank - A6
Taylored Expressions Cling Stamp - Moka Aidan
Taylored Expressions Die - Reach for the Stars Border
Spellbinders Die Set - Labels Seventeen
Memento Ink Pad - Tuxedo Black
Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pad - Wild Honey
Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pad - Walnut Stain
Woodware Corner Rounder Punch
Stickles Glitter Glue - Silver
Micron Pen - Green
3D Foam Pads
1. Cut the Bazzill Basics Candlelight cardstock 10.5cm x 14.9cm. Use the corner rounder punch to round each corner. Also use the corner rounder punch on the corners of the white card blank. Use a little bit of Wild Honey distress ink around the edges of the candlelight cardstock and adhere to the base of the card.
2. Cut the Chevron Stripe cardstock 9.2cm x 13.7cm and adhere to the middle of the card.
3. Die cut one of the dies from the Labels Seventeen die set from Bazzill Basic's Intense Kiwi cardstock. Using the Micron pen , illustrate some stitching around the edge of the label. Adhere to the top part of the card.
3. Stamp 'Aidan' on some White Smoothie cardstock with Memento Black Ink. Using the watercolour pencils and water brush, colour in Aidan and then cut round him. Adhere to the middle of the Label using 3D foam pads.
4. Cut the reverse side of the Maple cardstock 2.5cm x 8.5cm. Stamp the 'Happy Birthday' sentiment with Black ink. Make a fishtail cut at each end of the cardstock and add a little bit of Walnut Stain distress ink to the edges. Adhere to the bottom of the card using 3D foam pads.
5. Die cut the Stars border from Bazzill Basic's Brick cardstock and cut out 2 stars for each side of Aidan and adhere to the card.
6. Finish by adding some Silver stickles to Aidan's t-shirt.
This card can easily be changed up using different colours for the football outfit and you could even personalise a number on the shirt if you know someone who plays for a team or has a favourite player.
Be sure to check back next week for our card for the female youngster in the family.