Hi bloggers, today we are sharing with you last week's Create & Take using the new Sizzix Butterfly Lantern die. This adorable 3D miniature lantern would look perfect as a table decoration with a little LED candle placed inside.
So let's get started...
1. Die cut four of the side panels from Stonehenge cardstock and GENTLY swipe a small amount of mousse with a dauber over the card. *This is meant to give just a light hint of shimmer and not a total cover up so use sparingly with a sponge.*
2. Die cut solid butterfly from the Maja cardstock, detail butterfly from orange bazzill. Swipe edges with Ripe Persimmon ink pad.
3. Die cut sprig first from Parakeet cardstock and then just the flower part from orange. Swipe edges of flower with Candied Apple ink pad.
4. Assemble the lantern by sticking the tabs together, make sure you fold along all score lines before assembling. Add the handle to the top of the lantern and then stick the butterfly, flowers, sprig to one side of the lantern.
5. Finish by adding a gem, glitter glue and some Nuvo drops.
This die set is not just limited to making the 3D lantern you can also use the dies to design a card also. Check out Caz's sample card below.....