Good morning bloggers! We hope you have had a creative weekend, especially with all the new crafting products coming in now at Crafts U Love, lots to choose from and create with!
Today we are going to share with you Friday's Create & Take, a lovely vintage card for a man's birthday, using the new paper collection from Authentique.
Square Kraft Card Blank
Taylored Expressions Daisy Bouquet Stamp Set
Penny Black You're Retro Stamp Set
1. Cut a piece of Lagoon cardstock 13.2cm x 13.2cm, distress the edges with some Walnut Stain ink and adhere to the card blank.
2. Cut a piece of Balance Wheel cardstock 12.7cm x 12.7cm, distress the edges with some Walnut Stain ink and adhere onto the card.
3. Cut a piece of vellum 10.8cm x 12.2cm and emboss with the tire track embossing folder, adhere onto the card using glossy accents.
4. Cut a piece of Gingham cardstock 10cm x 6cm, distress the edges with some Pumice Stone ink and adhere to the card.
5. Die cut and emboss the car from Warm Gray Kraft Core. Use a sanding block to reveal the kraft core on the embossed areas of the car. Adhere to the card at a slight diagonal.
6. Cut a piece of Herringbone cardstock into four chevron shapes by following the pattern on the cardstock, distress with a little Pumice Stone ink and adhere to the card at a slight diagonal.
7. Cut two banner shapes from Fuel Gauge cardstock and Mini Cars cardstock, measuring approx. 3cm x 4cm and 3cm x 6cm. Stamp 'You're the Best on the shortest banner and layer both of them onto the card.
8. Cut a piece of Warm Gray cardstock 1cm x 5cm and stamp 'Happy Birthday'. Adhere underneath the chevrons.
9. Finish by adding some black nailheads to the Happy Birthday sentiment.
This card design would also be perfect for Father's Day, simply by changing the sentiments.
Make sure you pop back to the blog tomorrow, where we will be sharing with you some of the recent creations from last week's classes.