Good morning bloggers! Its the beginning of a new week and also a new theme for our Create & Take's as we move into October. This month's Create & Take's will have an autumnal feel about them, making use of new seasonal products and of course we can't forget Halloween, so make sure you stay tuned for our Halloween Special Create & Take.
So let's get started with a summary of Week 1's Create & Take with the products you will need and the instructions to make it.
A6 Kraft Card Blank
Stamperia Cardstock - SBB255 (currently not available online - please call the shop to make an order of this product)
Bazzill Basics Cardstock - Apricot
Bazzill Bascis Cardstock - White Smoothie
Penny Black Filigree Foliage Cling Stamp Set
Penny Black Words of Gratitude Die Set
Darice Woodgrain Embossing Folder
Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pad - Vintage Photo
Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pad - Wild Honey
Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pad - Shabby Shutters
Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pad - Dusty Concord
Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pad - Walnut Stain
Ink Blending Tool
Memento Ink Pad - Rich Cocoa
1. Emboss the front side of the card using the Darice Woodgrain embossing folder.
2. Using the ink blending tool, add some Vintage Photo to the embossed woodgrain.
3. Cut the Stamperia paper 13cm x 4cm and make a fishtail cut at one end. Adhere to the right side of the card.
4. Stamp 3 leaves from the Filigree Foliage stamp set onto White Smoothie cardstock using the Rich Cocoa ink pad. Using sponge daubers, apply some ink to the leaves using Shabby Shutters, Wild Honey and Dusty Concord. Fussy cut round the leaves with scissors..
5. Apply a little bit of Walnut Stain ink around the edge of the leaves to give them more definition and bend the leaves up to create more dimension.
6. Adhere the leaves to the card using Glossy Accents.
7. Die cut the word 'Thankful' from the Apricot cardstock and adhere to the card using Glossy Accents.
8. Finish by cutting a piece of twine 20cm and tying a bow. Adhere to the middle of the leaves.
And there you have it - a simple yet effective Thank you card which can easily be changed up by changing the colour of the leaves or the sentiment you wish to place on the card.
If you like the look of this month's theme then make sure you pop down to the shop every Friday between 10.30am and 1pm. A free tea/coffee is included.