Happy Monday bloggers! We can't believe Christmas Eve is just a month away and we have been busy at Crafts U Love putting some Christmas ideas together to help your creativity flow during the month of December. So look out on the blog for some festive ideas! Also don't forget about our Christmas Jumper Day on Friday 12th December - which will be full of sparkly Christmas jumpers, a festive Create & Take, and lots of Christmassy treats!
But for today let's sum up last week's Create & Take which featured the Marianne Gentlemen's Tie die. Even leading up to Christmas we can't forget those birthdays that fall in the months of November and December. So without further ado lets get going with this birthday tie card for the men in our lives....
A6 Kraft Card Blank
Graphic 45 Good Ol' Sport Cardstock - Big Score
Graphic 45 Good Ol' Sport Cardstock - Godd Ol' Sport
Graphic 45 Good Ol' Sport Cardstock - All Star
Graphic 45 Good Ol' Sport Cardstock - Cheer On
Graphic 45 Good Ol' Sport Cardstock - Teamwork
Bazzill Basics Cardstock - Java
Marianne CR1292 Gentlemen's Tie Die Set
Penny Black Special Wishes Clear Stamp Set
Nailheads 3mm - Black
Maya Road Trinklets Grosgrain Ribbon - Forest
Maya Road Trinklets Grosgrain Ribbon - Pebble
Tim Holtz Walnut Stain Distress Ink Pad
1. Cut the Big Score cardstock 14.2cm x 10cm. Distress the edges with some Walnut Stain ink and adhere to the card blank.
2. Cut the Java cardstock 10.9cm x 7.3cm.
3. Cut the Teamwork cardstock 10.5cm x 7cm. Distress the edges with Walnut Stain ink and adhere on top of the Java cardstock.
4. Die cut the Marianne tie die from Good Ol' Sport, All Star and Cheer On cardstock. Add a little bit of Walnut Stain ink to the ties and adhere them to the Teamwork cardstock.
5. Cut a piece of Forest grosgrain ribbon 2cm in length. Fold the ribbon in half and adhere the ends together with double sided tape to create a small loop. Repeat this for the Pebble grosgrain ribbon. Adhere both bits of ribbon to the top right of the card.
6. Adhere the Java cardstock to the top middle of the card, slightly overlapping the ribbons at the top.
7. Cut a piece of Teamwork cardstock 10cm x 1.7cm. Stamp the 'For your Birthday' sentiment onto the Teamwork cardstock, add a little bit of Walnut Stain distress ink and adhere to the card.
8. Finish by adding two black nailheads to the sentiment strip at the bottom.
This card would also be ideal for Father's Day just by simply changing the sentiment at the bottom.
We hope this has kick started your creativity for the week and we will be back with a few festive ideas that some of us have made at Crafts U Love this week!