Happy Wednesday bloggers! Today I am going to share last Friday's Create & Take which featured our Halloween Special - a Trick or Treat Candy Box. We also created a slightly different box for anyone who didn't celebrate Halloween and they had a beautiful Birthday treat box. Obviously these boxes are not limited to sweets as you could easily pop in a tiny present as a sweet surprise!
The product list will refer to the Halloween Trick or Treat Box - I will list any extra products you will need for the Birthday Treat Box at the end of the instructions.
We R Memory Keepers Pillow Box Punch Board
Brenda Walton Snowflake Medallion Bigz Die
Bazzill Basics Vintage Lace Cardstock - Vintage Lace
Anna Griffin Bat-Tastic Cardstock - Orange & Black Spiderweb
Bazzill Basics Cardstock - Blackberry Swirl
Bazzill Basics Cardstock - Festive
Penny Black Spooky Spheres Clear Stamp Set
Memento Ink Pad - Tuxedo Black
Woodware Big Circle Punch
Ultra High Adhesion Power Double Sided Tape
Hot Glue Gun (optional)
Terra Cotta with white spots Organza Ribbon
1. Cut the Vintage Lace cardstock 6" x 6". Follow the instructions on the Pillow Box punch board to cut out your pillow box template.
2. To assemble the box, apply adhesive to the side tab and for easy alignment fold the box onto itself and adhere. Use your fingers to crease the CURVE score line, fold the thumb notch tab down first and then fold the other tab over the top.
3. Cut the Anna Griffin cardstock 3.5" x 6". Wrap around the box and adhere the two ends together using double sided tape. You do not need to adhere this to the box as it should stay in place.
4. Die cut the small snowflake medallion three times out of Blackberry Swirl cardstock. Fold along all the crease lines of each piece and adhere together in a line with double sided tape. Apply some double sided tape to join each end of the medallion.
5. Punch a circle from the Blackberry Swirl cardstock. Apply some hot glue or Ultra high adhesion power double sided tape to the center of the circle and fold the medallion inwards on top of the circle to adhere it together.
6. Punch another circle from the Festive cardstock and stamp a circle border and sentiment from the Spooky Spheres stamp set with Tuxedo Black ink. Adhere the circle on top of the medallion.
7. Cut a piece of Terra Cotta organza ribbon approx. 48cm in length. Wrap the ribbon around the box and tie a bow at the top.
8. Finish by adhering the medallion to the center of the box.
Extra Products for the Birthday Treat Box
Bazzill Basics Vintage Lace Cardstock - Vintage Floral (this is the reverse side of the Vintage Lace cardstock)
Bazzill Basics Vintage Lace Cardstock - Glamorous
Bazzill Basics Cardstock - Baby Pink Light
Bazzill Basics Cardstock - Candlelight
Taylored Expressions Daisy Bouquet Stamp Set
Olive Green with white spots Organza Ribbon
The We R Memory Keepers punch boards are so simple and easy to use and allow you to make a variety of sizes of pillow box. Check out all our We R Memory Keepers punch boards at Crafts U Love